Ensatec fire testing lab, with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment is specialized in the characterization of both fire reaction and fire resistance performance in construction materials systems, (insulation material, carpentry, façade elements, sandwich panels, etc.) in compliance with the different standards and regulations, for the construction industry mainly.
Fire reaction lab equipment, in accordance with different standards, consisting of: SBI, non-combustibility furnace, horizontal radiant panels, fire propagation equipment on roofs and flammability equipment. Enatec facilities enable to assess Euroclass according to EN13501 Part 1 in which mainly 5 key aspects are evaluated:
- Flame propagation
- Smoke development
- Dropping while burning
Some common fire reaction tests:
- Non-combustibility test: UNE-EN ISO 1182
- Single Burning Item test (SBI): UNE-EN 13823
- Ignitability test .Single-flame source test: UNE-EN ISO 11925-2
- Radiant panel test: UNE-EN ISO 9239-1
- Test methods for external fire exposure to roofs: CEN-TS 1187: 2013 Apdo. 4
- Determination of the gross heat of combustion (calorific value): UNE-EN ISO 1716:2011
- Fire classification of construction products and building elements: UNE EN 13501-1
Fire resistance lab 1. main equipment consists in a vertical fire resistance furnace of standard size that analyses different possible heating curves.
Some common fire resistance tests:
- Fire resistance and smoke control tests for door, shutter and openable window assemblies and elements of building hardware – Part 1: Fire resistance tests for doors, shutters and openable windows: UNE-EN 1634-1:2010
- Fire resistance tests for non-loadbearing elements. Part 1: walls: UNE-EN 1364-1:2000
- Fire resistance tests – Part 1: General Requirements: UNE-EN 1363-1:2015
- Fire classification of construction products and building elements: UNE EN 13501-2:2009+A1:2010
- ENAC accredited laboratory in accordance with standard UNE-EN ISO/IEC 17025: 2005 for Construction Sector with Accreditation No. 288/LE634.
For information please download ENAC scope document.
- Notified Body Number 1668 for Construction Products, Directive 89/106/ECC EOTA authorised body.
For information please download notified body document.
- Member of the Normalisation Technical Committee AEN/CTN 023.